Thursday, November 6, 2008

the shocking good news

i still remember the day i went for my routine pregnancy checkup at week 7. it was just another normal checkup and as usual, i prayed for my baby to be growing healthily. that would be the only words that i would want to hear from the gynae. never would i thought another good news was in store for me on that fateful day! i had always hope for a pair of twins; so that i could kill 2 birds with one stone :) but it was just merely a wish, nothing more.

was i shocked? i definitely was! my heart was jumping with joy. when i regain my composure, the thought of bringing two babies into the world at one time does give me a little scare though. the diapers, the bottles, the sleepless nights, etc...and i begin to wonder, how on earth are we going to cope with 2 babies? i had no idea how it would be like but hearing my sister's daily rant, i know that whatever she faces; i would face it double. little did i know at the time that the most stressful part of having twins was already upon us...the pregnancy.

this is my first pregnancy and it's going to be one very exciting journey!! i'm all geared up to enjoy this long 9 months journey already. whee!!!




1 comment:

Chinneeq said...

syin, congrats to u. I am so happy to know another mummy with twin online! and yes, the unbelievable news after my 6th week scan left me with surprise on the rest of my pregnancy (the tiredness, back pain, sleepless nights...oh, i better not frighten u). Nevertheless, the experience is priceless :)